The UK has come a long way in the last 9 months, with 87% of over-16s having had their first dose of COVID vaccine and 75% of over-16s having had both doses.
Now the vaccine is being rolled out to younger age groups, including those of school age, a move which is seen as critical in reducing the spread of coronavirus within education settings.
COVID Vaccine for Under 18s
At this point in time, the position is as follows:
- For those who are 18 in the next 3 months, you can now book online at Book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments
16-17 year olds
- Can now get your 1st dose of a COVID-19 vaccine if you’re aged 16 or 17.
- You should be invited automatically by the NHS to a local NHS service. You cannot book your appointment online.
- Some walk-in COVID-19 vaccination sites are offering the vaccine to people aged 16 and 17. For the latest information, see Find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site
12-15 year olds
- In certain circumstances, those aged 12-15 may now be able to get a COVID-19 vaccination if either:
- The child/young person has a condition that means they’re at high risk from COVID-19 (e.g. genetic conditions or types of cancer, severe problem with the brain or nerves such as cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome, severe or multiple learning disabilities, on the learning disability register,
- Living with someone who is at risk of infections (e.g. HIV, transplant patient or undergoing certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- You should be invited automatically by the NHS if eligible. You cannot book your appointment online.
- Those aged 18 or over are now entitled to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You should be invited automatically or can book online at Book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments
Services for Members of The Smart Clinics Scheme
Our team has worked very hard to arrange access to COVID-19 vaccination on behalf of our members and arrangements are now in place with local NHS vaccination centres. The Smart Clinics simply liaises on your behalf in conjunction with the NHS. We do not charge for this service other than the fact that you have to be a member to qualify for us to arrange this on your behalf and is subject to NHS Terms and Conditions.
We will extend this service to those under 18 where possible in line with NHS guidelines and subject to availability.
- Vaccinations are carried out in South West London
- This is a free vaccination supplied via the NHS, Patients must meet NHS qualifying criteria at the time of vaccination and must have a valid NHS number and National Insurance number
- Service is subject to NHS availability and suitable vaccinations being available
- Arranging COVID vaccine appointments is an exclusive ‘members only’ service. However, the scheme is open for new enrolments – see medical membership
Members are invited to contact The Smart Clinics as early as possible to enquire.
The Smart Clinics
The Smart Clinics is best known for its unique membership based private GP service with access to a friendly team of experienced doctors, which entitles individuals, families and corporate members to unlimited GP access for a monthly fee. Private dentistry is also available as an optional extra.
For more information contact us on email@example.com or call 020 7052 0070.