Figures just released show that the NHS has had its busiest year in history with record-breaking numbers of visits to A&E, missed targets and delays.
Official figures based on the 12 months to March 2016 show:
- Nearly 23m A&E visits – up over 500,000
- Delays discharging patients reached record levels
- Ambulances only responded to 2 out of 3 ‘Red 1’ (serous calls) – within 8 minutes, missing targets for the 10th consecutive time
- Routine operations increased 4% year-on-year, but by March 8.5% of patients on the waiting list had been waiting for more than 18 weeks (worst since records began)
- Missed targets for cancer
NHS England said the ongoing dispute with junior doctors had started having an impact.
Royal College of Surgeons president Clare Marx said:
“Dedicated frontline doctors and nurses are treating more patients than ever before.
“We welcome the extra money the government promised, but we still need a long-term plan to address the growing number of patients.”
Private Healthcare London
With pressure growing on the NHS, clients may consider the alternative option provided by private GPs in London. This provides a service for those who need the reassurance of readily available, quality healthcare.
The Smart Clinics offers private GP services together with a team of experienced GPs as well as a range of private health services and dentistry at two London clinics based in Brompton Cross and Wandsworth.
The company was founded in 2013 is an independent company with a genuine commitment to quality healthcare.
The company is best known for its unique membership based private GP service with access to a friendly team of experienced doctors, which entitles individuals, families and corporate members to unlimited GP access for a monthly fee.