Immunisations (vaccinations) are also known as ‘injections’ or ‘jabs’.
They are one of the most important ways of protecting individuals and the community from serious diseases.
Most immunisations are given during childhood. Some are given more than once to make sure your child is fully immune to that particular disease – with each vaccination, the immune system creates a stronger response. This ‘top-up’ is called a booster.
Normally, after a completed vaccination programme, your child should have the following protection against disease:
- lifelong protection against polio
- probable lifelong protection against measles, mumps, rubella and meningitis C
- at least 10 years’ protection against diphtheria and tetanus
- at least three against whooping cough
- Meningitis – Meningococcal B Vaccine (Bexsero)
- Meningitis – ACWY
- Chickenpox vaccination
- HPV vaccination – to protect against certain cancers and genital warts
- Pneumonia vaccination
- Flu jabs
Our GP Team
At The Smart Clinics, all immunisations and vaccinations are carried out by our friendly team of GPs.
For more information and advice on immunisations contact a Smart Clinics GP.
The Smart Clinics also offers a comprehensive range of travel vaccinations, to keep you and your family safe and well when travelling abroad. Please visit the separate page for a list of the vaccinations we offer plus useful links on health travel.
Make An Appointment
Services are available through our a affordable membership packages or on a drop in 'pay as you go' basis. High quality medical healthcare is readily available:
- Longer appointment times
- No waiting lists
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Telephone, video and in-person consultations
Call our team on 020 7052 0070
- Chelsea - Hollywood Rd: Option 2
- South Ken - Thurloe Place: Option 4
- Wandsworth - Northcote Rd: Option 5
- Wandsworth - Bellevue Rd: Option 6
Lines open 8.30-5.30 Monday to Friday, 9.00-12.00 Saturday