What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders. Using many of the diagnostic procedures applied in conventional medical assessment, osteopaths seek to restore the optimal functioning of the body, where possible without the use of drugs or surgery.
Osteopathy is based on the principle that the body has the ability to heal, and osteopathic care focuses on strengthening the musculoskeletal systems to treat existing conditions and to prevent illness.
Commonly treated conditions include back and neck pain, postural problems, sporting injuries, muscle and joint deterioration, restricted mobility and occupational ill-health.
Conditions Osteopathy Can Help Improve
- Aches and pains including joints, hips and knees
- Osteoarthritis and arthritic pain and discomfort
- Backache and back pain including lumbago, sciatica
- Neck pain and associated headaches
- Elbow pain, frozen shoulder and shoulder pain
- Muscular tension and spasms
- Sports injuries
Cranial Osteopathy is a refined and subtle type of osteopathic treatment that encourages the release of stresses and tensions throughout the body, although the name Cranial Osteopathy implies a technique that relates to the skull, the approach is effective for the whole body. Osteopaths feel for a rhythmic pulsation or shape change in the body’s tissues that are under abnormal tension and use very gentle pressure to release these tensions.
Cranial Osteopathy is a gentle and effective osteopathic technique and may be used in a wide range of conditions for people of all ages, it is often the treatment of choice for acute pain (backache, joint sprain), for babies and young children, for pregnant women and the elderly.
Meet The Smart Clinics Team
MSK – Musculoskeletal Medicine
Make An Appointment
Services are available through our a affordable membership packages or on a drop in 'pay as you go' basis. High quality medical healthcare is readily available:
- Longer appointment times
- No waiting lists
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Telephone, video and in-person consultations
Call our team on 020 7052 0070
- Chelsea - Hollywood Rd: Option 2
- South Ken - Thurloe Place: Option 4
- Wandsworth - Northcote Rd: Option 5
- Wandsworth - Bellevue Rd: Option 6
Lines open 8.30-5.30 Monday to Friday, 9.00-12.00 Saturday