Kensington Podiatry are based exclusively at The Smart Clinics main healthcare centre in Brompton, South Kensington.
Kensington Podiatry offer a team of highly experienced podiatrists who offer a wide range of treatments for the feet, arch, heel, ankles, toes and even toe nails.
Podiatry is the treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle. Podiatrists diagnose and manage a wide range of lower limb disorders from bunions and ingrowing toenails to ankle, knee or hip pain caused by poor alignment and muscle imbalances.
Treatments range from non-invasive shoe inserts and orthotics and preventative diabetic foot care to surgical procedures. An underlying biomechanical foot problem may not become noticeable until a teenager/adult embarks on a fitness programme at which point their feet, knees or hips may start to hurt.
- We treat biomechanical problems using foot orthoses (orthotics) often starting with an adapted off-the-shelf orthosis then progressing to custom made orthoses. In this we may also work in conjunction with osteopaths as the walking problem usually has a related lower back issue. NEW custom-made orthotic flip flops FlopThotics
- Bunions can be treated non surgically as long as they are still flexible. Corns, callous and ingrowing toenails are often related to an underlying walking problem or they can be caused by ill fitting shoes. However, they can be easily treated with minimal discomfort. In the case of persistently ingrowing nails, we offer corrective nail surgery.
- Verrucae are a common occurrence in adults; we have a wide range of treatments available; homoeopathic, herbal, low level laser, cryotherapy, electrosurgery, and fractionation.
- Fungal infections of the nails and skin are another common foot issue; we have a variety of treatments including Pinpointe laser nail treatment.
- Laser; our low frequency laser works superbly on sprains and strains and is a useful adjunct when treating foot fractures.
- Broken toes; it’s not true that there is no treatment for a broken toe. They respond well to laser treatment and silicone splints.
There may be many causes for foot pain, but it is never normal and therefore it is important to seek professional advice.
The philosophy at Kensington Podiatry is to work to prevent foot problems as well as treat them.