Dr Chris Groves, Consultant Gastroenterologist
BSc, MD, MBBS, FRCP
Chris Groves trained at the London Hospital in Whitechapel and in gastroenterology with general internal medicine in the NW Thames region. A clinical research fellowship at the Cancer Research UK Colorectal Unit at St. Mark’s Hospital led to an interest in familial colonic polyps and cancer and enabled him to become experienced in endoscopy and polypectomy. He then trained in pancreatic and biliary diseases and ERCP before he took a position as Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at St. George’s Hospital.
- General medicine and gastroenterology
- Familial bowel cancer and intestinal polyps
- Indigestion, diarrhoea, abdominal pain,
- Liver, pancreatic & biliary disorders
- Bowel cancer screening
Accreditations & Further Commitments
Dr Groves is an accredited provider of colonoscopy for the national bowel cancer screening program.
His teaching commitments include endoscopy courses at St George’s Hospital, now a National Endoscopy Training Centre. He is an assessor of colonoscopy technique at national level.
He is responsible for developing endoscopic ultrasound at St George’s Hospital and is a member of the hepatobiliary team running the ERCP service for the SW Thames area.
Make An Appointment
Services are available through our a affordable membership packages or on a drop in 'pay as you go' basis. High quality medical healthcare is readily available:
- Longer appointment times
- No waiting lists
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Telephone, video and in-person consultations
Call our team on 020 7052 0070
- Chelsea - Hollywood Rd: Option 2
- South Ken - Thurloe Place: Option 4
- Wandsworth - Northcote Rd: Option 5
- Wandsworth - Bellevue Rd: Option 6
Lines open 8.30-5.30 Monday to Friday, 9.00-12.00 Saturday