The Smart Clinics is now offering the ‘Test to Release‘ test at its London clinics, enabling those returning from international travel to shorten the UK quarantine from 10 days to 5.
According to latest guidelines, passengers arriving in England from outside the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man must quarantine for 10 days on arrival. Not complying with quarantine is subject to a fine of £1,000 for the first time and up to £10,000 for further breaches.
However, under the ‘Test to Release’ scheme, clients can choose to shorten their time in quarantine to just 5 days by paying for a private COVID-19 test. If the result is negative, you can resume normal activities straightaway.
The ‘Test to Release’ is in addition to the tests that everyone must take on or before day 2 and 8 of the quarantine period, but it offers an option for those who are keen to be allowed back out earlier. It means that you could have the freedom to return to work and other commitments 5 days earlier, essentially shortening your quarantine to a long weekend, rather than over a week.
Test to Release Summary
Travellers must be in England for 5 full days before taking a test. That is the minimum requirement even with testing.
- If the test result is negative, then you can end your quarantine as soon as you receive the result and return to normal activities (within any general national guidelines). Remember, you still need to take the coronavirus test again on or after day 8 as per government guidelines.
- If the test result is positive you need to quarantine for another 10 days, starting from the day after you took the test, or from when you first had symptoms if that is earlier. People you are living or staying with in the UK are also required to quarantine for 10 days if your test is positive.
- If the test result is inconclusive you must continue to quarantine. You may take another ‘Test to Release’ privately to find out if you can stop quarantine early.
Private Test To Release
The test to release is only available privately, not on the NHS; and it is best to arrange the test in advance.
To take advantage of the scheme, travellers must:
- Book a test with a private test providers
- Opt into the scheme and enter test details on the passenger locator form. This needs to be completed and submitted online any time in the 48 hours before arrival in the Travellers will need to show the form when they check or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK
The government advice states:
“You should book your test before you travel to England. This is so you can enter details of the test when you opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form. If you decide to take part in the scheme after you have arrived in England, you will need to complete another passenger locator form.”
Please see the guidelines for further information https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel.
The Smart Clinics offers a range of coronavirus testing options at its London clinics
- Simple Blood test £48 (99 for non members)
- This is a proper test based on a blood sample
- Results available in around 10 minutes
- COVID Swab PCR Test With Independent Lab £195
- Swab test with a GP, samples sent to an external lab
- Popular ‘Pre-Travel’ or ‘Fit to Fly’ PCR testing
- Results take 72 hours so please allow time before your journey
- COVID Rapid Antigen test £120 (£145 for non members)
- Swab test from the back of the throat and your nasal cavity with an in-house specialist
- High levels of accuracy and confidence in the results
- On site lab – results in around 15 minutes
More information → COVID Tests at The Smart Clinics
If you have symptoms
Please note that we are NOT able to provide any kind of coronavirus tests for patients who are showing symptoms of the virus (i.e. high temperature, new continuous cough and loss or change to sense of taste or smell). If you have COVID symptoms you should self-isolate and arrange an NHS test. Do check the latest government regulations and advice as this is subject to change.
The Smart Clinics
The Smart Clinics is best known for its unique membership based private GP service with access to a friendly team of experienced doctors, which entitles individuals, families and corporate members to unlimited GP access for a monthly fee. Private dentistry is also available as an optional extra and available in their Chelsea clinic. The Smart Clinics brings together a host of medical professionals offering patients high quality health services in a choice of accessible London clinic locations:
For more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7052 0070.