Christmas should be the best time of the year, but it can actually be incredibly stressful. What’s more, the temptation to over-indulge in food and alcohol can be very unhealthy, even if it is just once a year.
Here are The Smart Clinics’ top 10 tips to a healthy, happy Christmas.
- Plan, plan, plan – and share out the jobs too
- Don’t overdo it – life isn’t like a TV ad – keep it real
- Have a timetable for Christmas Day so that you don’t all sit around doing nothing for hours
- Don’t drink too much – this can cause arguments
- Avoid food poisoning by proper food preparation and cooking, especially where poultry is concerned
- Be calories conscious – typical Christmas Day fare accounts for 6,000 calories
- Keep up the 5-a-day and limit indulgent snacks
- Hydrate – drinking water helps the body to function and also reduces hunger to prevent overeating
- Keep active – plan in a walk outdoors for a change of scenery and to burn off calories
- Get enough sleep – treat yourself to the odd lie in to compensate for the festive parties
Above all, try to relax and enjoy it – it’s only once a year!
Private GPs and Healthcare, London
The Smart Clinics offers a range of private health services at two London clinics.
The company is best known for its unique membership based private GP service with access to a friendly team of experienced doctors, which entitles individuals, families and corporate members to unlimited GP access for a monthly fee. Private dentistry is also available as an optional extra in the Brompton Cross clinic. The Company also has a clinic in Wandsworth.
In addition to doctors and dentists, The Smart Clinics works with an extensive group of healthcare professionals from osteopaths to dermatologists, helping their patients to take control of their healthcare issues and access early treatment and assistance.
The Smart Clinics was founded in 2013 and is an independent and doctor-managed company with a genuine commitment to quality healthcare at the heart of the business.