The Smart Clinics is delighted to welcome Nadia Mohamed to the dentistry team, based at their Chelsea clinic in London.
Nadia is registered with the GDC and has qualified both as a dental hygienist and dental nurse, giving her in-depth and well-rounded knowledge of dental health:
- Foundation Degree in Oral Health Science University of Essex 2020
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 QCF City & Guilds 2017
Nadia’s approach is entirely patient-centric, putting them at ease so that they feel completely confident in her care. Even nervous patients or those who have neglected their teeth for some time will find that the experience is surprisingly unscary and even rewarding.
What Does A Dental Hygienist Do?
There are a number of ways in which a dental hygienist can help. Their role is to support the patient in promoting better oral health. This complements the work of a Dentist by helping patients to prevent decay and the need for restoration treatments. However, they can also carry out a number of other treatments as well. Dental hygiene services may include:
- Professional cleaning – scale and polish to remove plaque and tartar
- Interdental cleaning (between teeth) with floss, brushes, ultrasonic or water cleaner
- Demonstrating how to keep your teeth and gums healthy at home with good daily care as well as dietary advice
- X rays
- Treatments such as fissure sealants, fluoride and anti-bacterial/antimicrobial therapies
- Tooth whitening (under prescription from the dentist)
- Lifestyle advice e.g. smoking, drinking, sugar consumption, snacking
- Special advice and cleaning for orthodontics patients
- Specialist care for dental implants/bridges/all on four
- Tailor-made programmes to complement Dentist-led treatment
Oral Health Services Available During Lockdown
The Smart Clinics
Private Doctors in London
The Smart Clinics is best known for its unique membership based private GP service with access to a friendly team of experienced doctors, which entitles individuals, families and corporate members to unlimited GP access for a monthly fee. Private dentistry is also available as an optional extra and available in their Chelsea clinic.
For more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7052 0070.